Monday, February 12, 2007

New Car! New Car! New Car!

After a few delays on Saturday, Carl was home with our new van! It was pouring rain and the birthday party we had planned to go to was canceled (not because of the rain but because the birthday girl was sick). The rain kept Carl from getting the carseats in but I did take the van for a solo spin around the neighborhood. We have a bunch of fun little extras - power sliding doors and liftgate, power rear quarter windows (the 3rd row windows), power adjustable driver and passenger seats (which I didn't think was that big of a deal but now that I can brace William's car seat against the passenger seat and still be comfy - I think it is an excellent deal!), fake wood paneling (LOL), upgraded fabric... but those are all just extras - the important part is that it is SAFE!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Sunday we got the seats installed and went for a drive. We met my parents, brother, his GF and Emme for lunch. We had really good Chinese food with a bunch of fiascoes - Carl dumped his soup in to his lap and William dumped his soup on to my foot. After lunch we went to an indoor play place. William spent the first hour like this...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
He eventually woke up and had a great time with Emme and Zachary.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There was a group people there with some really rowdy dads. They were throwing balls at each other (the dads) and their kids - hard. It was pretty chaotic for awhile. There was one very friendly dad that was making us a bit uncomfortable with just how friendly he was to these kids he didn't know. He kept following Emme in to a dark, secluded spot underneath the play structure - creepy.

Zachary had told the OFD (over friendly dad) his name at some point, because Zachary is a friendly guy like that. At some point Zachary and another child crashed in to each other - Carl saw it and said that Zachary was being too rough. So Zachary and I sat down and talked about playing gently and he was reminded that if he could not play gently we would have to leave (I was having a hard time with this since the group of DADS were not playing gently - I should have given them the same talk, although I wouldn't have had them sit on my lap for the talk!). So a few minutes after Zachary and I talk I hear OFD yelling across the entire play area "Zachary, Zachary" and I think - wow, they must have had a friend named Zachary arrive because he certainly cannot be yelling for MY Zachary like that. OFD gets off his butt and walks across the play area, past me, glancing over his shoulder and says "you don't mind, I need to talk to Zachary" - I quickly informed him that I DID in fact mind, and asked what the problem was. WTF. You don't get to call my child across the room and talk to him. NO NO NO. So he tells me that Zachary pushed this girl and he needs to talk to him about it. UH, NO! Dude, that is MY job, which I have already done. I did talk to Zachary about it, again - and that wasn't even the girl he crashed with - this guy had NO idea what he was talking about. It was so odd. Thankfully he left soon after and we had some quieter playtime before we headed home for a dinner of PB&J and cereal.

8 comments:

susan said...

Those are wonderful photos. And yeah the OFD was a bit creepy... Congrats on your new car - love the red!

Geri said...

That is way super creepy! ICK!!!!

Cheryl said...

I'm jeolous, my van is a 97 and I want a new one! Goodness...look at those locks on William...if he keeps them, the girls are gonna love that!

Yes, being a mom is never easy, is it? Hang in there!

Nightwolf said...

erk creepy! Great photos though & the new car looks great :)

Chris Wasielewski said...

Yay!! FINALLY you have a car again! it's about time! OK, OFD does sound super creepy. I can't believe a stranger would sit there trying to call him over to have a talk with him.

Chris

Jillian said...

That is really really creepy, wow!

Amy said...

Ditto to everything about the new van [love the color!] creepy guy and the pics.....W looks so comfy in that sling...I would love to get one for my snuggly Alexis, but wonder if I am too late at almost 2.5?

Enjoy your night with your sweeties...

Nicki said...

Love the new van! And those are adorable pictures!!!