Friday, February 02, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH

Nov. 26th a stupid man ran a red light and smashed our van. 2 months of pain, bruising, body shops, tow companies, rentals, doctor appointments, insurance companies, new carseats... you get the idea. It has been a mess and of course it won't end well, why would it? I just called the body shop back, after waiting for a call back that never came and very casually I was told my van would be ready on MONDAY. MONDAY? As in 3 days after the insurance company has cut off our rental? Monday, as in after the weekend we planned to trade the van in for a new van? Monday, as in we turn in the rental today and have no vehicle for the weekend? MONDAY? NO! That is NOT ok. I demanded to talk to a supervisor who said he would try to push it through and if it didn't go through he would pay our rental over the weekend. Except that Enterprise can't double direct bill so WE would have to pay the rental and hope to be reimbursed by the body shop. Good grief.

8 comments:

Ariel05 said...

They don't have the banging you head against a wall smilie here do they? I am so sorry you are dealing with all this crap. I pray that something comes through today.

Karen

Eleanor said...

Oh, you're kidding. Once they've got your car though, you're kind of stuck. Ugh...

Melissa said...

Oh MAN!! That totally sucks! I hope you managed to secure a vehicle this weekend...

Nikole said...

How ridiculous! I hope you worked something out.

Christy said...

This whole thing has just been such an ordeal for you! Well, it's Monday, so I'm hoping that it's finally over.

Heather New said...

Bless your heart!! This has just been such a mess!!

I hope it's all ironed out now and everything's ok!

Chris Wasielewski said...

OMG, what a PITA! Geez, I hope you can be done with this whole fiasco soon.

Chris

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Oh, geez, KC, that's awful. It just never ends, does it? I hope it's all a done deal now and you're driving your new car.